Explore UMD in a whole new way through Virtual Admitted Student Days. Get an overview of what to expect next, steps you need to complete as an incoming student, and connect to UMD. Attend this special visit day and discover what it means to be a UMD Bulldog!
*For the items below, click on each box to expand and view more information.*
April 14 - Student Life Admitted Student Day
During this virtual Admitted Student Day program, you will attend a Zoom presentation outlining important next steps as an admitted student and learn about student life at UMD. You will have the opportunity to listen and engage with current UMD students through a student panel. Afterwards, we invite you to follow along for a campus spotlight tour as we highlight essential areas on campus. Following this tour, there will be an optional academic Q&A with staff from our academic colleges. Attend this virtual program and discover what it means to be a UMD Bulldog! Register here.
- Welcome and Next Steps Overview - 15 minutes
- Student Life Overview and Student Panel - 45 minutes
- Campus Spotlight Tour - 30 minutes
- Q&A with Academic College Staff (Optional) - 20 minutes
This program begins at 3:30 pm. Please save the confirmation email you receive after you register to access this program.
April 15 - Multicultural Admitted Student Day
Join us for this multicultural virtual Admitted Student Day, highlighting resources and experiences for Students of Color and Indigenous Students. Through this event, you will learn about the steps you need to complete as an incoming student and learn more about the programs and services offered by our Office of Diversity & Inclusion (ODI). You will also hear from and engage with current UMD students, faculty, and staff, from diverse backgrounds. You will leave this program with a deeper understanding of what it means to be a UMD Bulldog. Register here.
- Welcome and Program Overview - 5 minutes
- Office of Diversity & Inclusion (ODI) Overview - 20 minutes
- Financial Aid Presentation - 10 minutes
- Student Panel - 20 minutes
- Meet & Greet with Faculty & Staff - 20 minutes
- Next Steps Overview - 5 minutes
- Additional Q&A with Program Staff and Faculty (Optional) - 15 minutes
This program begins at 4:30 pm. Please save the confirmation email you receive after you register to access this program.
Admitted Student Day is an optional event for students and families who want to learn more about being a student at UMD and is not to be confused with Orientation.
Tips to help you get the most out of your virtual program:
- For the most seamless connection, it is recommended that you preload the most up to date Zoom application on your computer or mobile device before your program begins.
- Use headphones or earbuds for the best sound quality.
- Test the connection about 5 minutes ahead of your program.