See below to register for a visit and for visit resources.
On-Campus Visit Programs
Please continue to check back here for September visit program options.
On-campus visit programs include a presentation from an admission representative and a campus tour from a student tour guide. Visits take approximately two hours.
On-Campus Visits and COVID-19
- Learn more about UMD’s COVID-19 response here.
- Please do not attend your visit if you or anyone in your household is ill or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Face coverings are required at all times during campus visits. If you do not have a face covering, we will provide one.
- Due to limited capacity, we request that only one guest accompany each prospective student. Groups of three or more are not permitted.
- Each prospective student must register in advance.
- Visit groups will be no larger than 12 (six groups of two).
- We are currently unable to show prospective students an example of a residence hall. Take a virtual tour here.
- We are currently unable to accommodate in-person special request meetings (e.g., meeting with a faculty member, etc.)
Self-Guided Campus Tours
Self-guided tours are offered at select times throughout the week. Please register for the time slot you will be on campus. Registration helps us to limit congestion.
You can get a self-guided tour booklet outside the Bulldog Resource Center at 25 Solon Campus Center. Face coverings are required at all times while inside campus buildings.
Also, keep in mind: offices are not open, and you could run into locked doors along the way. If you want to meet with an Admissions Counselor, please contact your counselor to see if they are available. If they are not available, they can refer you to another staff member who is. Counselors are not available for drop-in meetings without an appointment. Find your counselor at d.umn.edu/connect.
Register for a self-guided tour
Virtual Visit Programs
During this 45 minute virtual program, you will attend a Zoom presentation with one of our Admissions Counselors outlining general information about UMD. During the presentation, our Bulldog Tour Guides will be available to answer your questions via chat. The program will conclude with general Q&A and next steps. Explore UMD to see if we are the right fit for you!
Find a session and register now
Tips to help you get the most out of your virtual program:
- For the most seamless connection, it is recommended that you preload the Zoom application on your computer or mobile device before your program begins.
- Use headphones or earbuds for the best sound quality.
- Test the connection about 5 minutes ahead of your program.
Virtual Visit Resources
Use these resources for reference.
Videos, useful links, and Virtual Tours
Virtual Classroom and Group Programs
UMD's Group Programs are virtual experiences for high school classrooms, student groups, transfer students, sports organizations, or local community groups. Learn more about options and request a program.