What we look for in our UMD applicants
We make our admission decisions are based on the overall assessment of each student’s academic preparation and performance around the primary and secondary factors listed below:
- ACT/SAT scores
- College level coursework completed through PSEO and CITS
- Contribution to the cultural, gender, age, economic, racial or geographic diversity of the student body
- Evidence of having overcome barriers to educational achievement
- Exceptional talent
- First generation college student
- Military service
- Personal statement and letters of recommendation
- Significant responsibility in a family, community, job, or activity
- Specific high school courses, grade trends, and rigor of academic curriculum
Students who attend UMD have varying academic profiles. Students in different majors and areas of study can fall into different areas of the ranges below. Please contact us if you have any questions about the academic profile of our students.
- 3.3 - 3.8 GPA
- 21 - 26 ACT
These numbers show the middle 50% of freshmen who enrolled in Fall 2018, meaning that 25% of students were below this range and 25% were above. Some programs may have admitted at a more competitive level.
Fall 2023 Application Deadline is August 1.