Guided Visit Programs
- Please do not attend your visit if you or anyone in your household is ill or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19;
- Due to limited capacity, we encourage a maximum of two guests per registered student;
- If you are coming with another registered student and prefer to be in the same tour group, please list this in the additional requests section. We cannot guarantee requests that are not made at the time of registration;
- Each prospective student must register in advance.
Explore Our 3D Map!
Explore UMD's campus with our new, 3D interactive map by clicking here! Select categories on the map to view buildings and spaces of interest and click on building markers to learn more about each space.
Click here to jump right in and take a virtual tour in our 3D map, complete with photos, descriptions, and audio at each stop along the way!
Self-Guided Campus Tours
Self Guided Tours
Self-guided tours provide flexibility and allow the freedom to explore campus on your own. Booklets can be found in the information rack outside the Office of Admissions in Solon Campus Center (SCC 41) or you can access a digital version and campus map in our Visit Resources section below.
Registration for self-guided tours is not required, but we do encourage you to stop by during our office hours for any questions you may have. Our Admissions Counselors are available and happy to help you learn more about UMD! Find your counselor at d.umn.edu/connect. The Office of Admissions is open Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (with the exception of holidays). Also, keep in mind: not all offices are open, and you could run into locked doors along the way. Please contact our office if you need any additional assistance with our visit options.
- We are unable to show prospective students an example of a residence hall during self-guided tours, but you can view 360° walkthroughs over on the housing website. Learn more about on-campus housing;
- Please do not attend your visit if you or anyone in your household is ill or experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19.
Use these resources for reference.
Videos, useful links, and Virtual Tours
Explore Housing Options
View our housing options
Head over to our Housing & Residence Life site to explore the different housing options available to you as a student at UMD. The first dropdown on the top of the site will take you to our housing options.
Take a video tour
Take a brief video tour (YouTube) of our housing facilities with a student tour guide.
UMD's Group Programs are experiences for high school classrooms, student groups, transfer students, sports organizations, or local community groups. Learn more about options and request a program.